I wanted to call this ‘Reese’s Peanut Butter Cake’ because that’s exactly what it tastes like. In the interest of copyright I should probably leave the name off… but you get the idea.
This is a little involved to make, but don’t be put off by the steps, it comes together quickly in the end and it’s sooo worth it.
You want to start by making a batch of my Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (fat bombs).
Don’t worry, you don’t have to get all fussy about making them pretty in silicone molds as they’re going to be chopped up anyway. 2 layers in a small, shallow pan will do. Get that going and keep them chilling in the fridge.
Next, you want to whip up my All-Around Dessert Crust. I used the ‘chocolatey option’ by adding 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and chocolate whey protein powder. For this recipe, I used almonds.
Make in advace
- 1 recipe for ‘Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups’ (fat bombs, see link )
- 1 recipe for ‘All-Around Dessert Crust’ (see link above)
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered Erythritol
- 1½ cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 packet of gelatin + 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate, melted (for drizzling)
- Prepare recipe for ‘Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups’, and leave to chill in fridge
- Prepare ‘All Around Dessert Crust’ in a spring-form pan, and set aside
- Prepare whipped cream and place in fridge
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth and somewhat fluffy
- Sprinkle gelatin powder over 1/4 cup of water and let ‘bloom’ for 5 minutes, then microwave for 20-30 seconds until just starting to steam (do not let boil over)
- Drizzle hot gelatin liquid into mixture and blend well
- Fold in whipped cream until uniformly blended
- Chop chilled Peanut Butter Cups equal to 1 cup, and add fold into the mixture
- Pour/spread into pan with prepared crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- When set, remove from spring form pan and top with more chopped Peanut Butter Cups
- Drizzle with chocolate, and place back in the fridge until the chocolate sets up.